At Evora Global we are a passionate team that share a common set of values and want to make a difference to stop the negative effects of climate change.
Our mission is to accelerate the evolution of real estate sustainability to enhance the wellbeing of the planet and its people.
EVORA is a global sustainability consultancy, focused on the commercial real estate sector. Our clients include real estate investment organisations, such as Schroder Real Estate, UBS and Deutsche Bank.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to support our Net Zero Carbon delivery team. This position offers a very exciting opportunity to help high profile real estate investment managers meet the decarbonisation targets for their portfolios.
Net Zero Carbon / Energy Management
- Delivering Net Zero Carbon Audit Programmes for key Strategic Clients to identify suitable and practical interventions to improve energy efficiency at asset and portfolio level
- Calculate building-level emissions savings potential and required CAPEX for a number of technical decarbonisation measures
- Develop new technical concepts for existing buildings with special regards to energy and carbon (incl. heating, ventilation, cooling, building automation systems. renewable energy, operational building controls)
- Engage clients to determine the feasibility of implementing audit recommendations, present findings in front of senior client representatives
- Analyse data to establishing energy and carbon reduction targets for clients, including top-down methodologies such as science-based targets and CRREM
- Collaborate with team members in Germany, UK, Italy and US and provide technical expertise on energy management
- Potentially use of building energy simulation software, such as Hottgenroth, ETU Planner; and lifecycle analysis software such as OneClick LCA
- Degree or Masters in Engineering, Architecture, Building Technologies or similar technical education or experience
- Expertise and personal passion for net zero and energy management
- Depth of technical knowledge of sustainability issues and application to real estate
- Energy audit experience with understanding of HVAC systems for commercial buildings
- Detailed understanding of current and forthcoming energy legislation within Germany
- Detailed understanding of energy market and drivers within Germany
- Ability to communicate in written and verbal communication in fluent German and English.
- Willingness to travel ~1-2 days every two weeks for site visits within the DACH region.
Requirements will be adapted based on level of expertise of the individual candidate. If a certain skill is still missing, we will support the development and further growth
- A competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Attractive discretionary bonus structure
- Pension scheme (with staff contribution matched)
- 30 days annual leave
- Additional 5 days holiday every three years to support one month sabbatical
- German BahnCard 50
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10-4, with 40 hour working week)
- Remote/home working in agreement with line manager 2-3 days/week
- Two days per year to volunteer for charity
- Excellent ongoing professional development support
- Multiple locations – Hamburg, Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt
At EVORA we are committed to fostering a working environment based on dignity and respect, in which everyone has a voice. We prize the diversity of our people and seek to provide equality of opportunity for all.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Connect with Us: