Casella Solutions is dedicated to reducing occupational health and environmental risks through a core competence in dust, noise and vibration monitoring. The role is to assist the company in achieving its business objectives and revenue targets by creating Embedded firmware within a range of environmental monitoring instruments which are cloud connected.
The role will be based in Kempston, but there is potential for some hybrid working.
· Development of embedded firmware within a range of monitoring instruments which are connected to the cloud and with support of digital electronics design of new products.
· Gain and maintain in-depth knowledge of Products, Applications and firmware requirements.
· Provide high quality, robust and accurate software solutions and guidance on product concepts.
· Provide accurate time scale estimates and risk inputs into the project planning process.
· Support of general product maintenance and customised solutions.
· Work and communicate openly and effectively within the team environment.
· Contribute to the setting, following and accurate reporting on progress, priorities and goals.
· Manage workload effectively, maintaining a flexible, positive, proactive and creative approach.
· Providing results that are maintainable and accompanied by necessary documentation.
· Ensure that all activities are undertaken and controlled in accordance with the businesses ISO9001 Quality Management System (QMS). Maintain project and firmware documentation.
· Contribute to product innovations, design and competitive product improvement ideas.
· Maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to measure performance and demonstrate continual improvement.
Essential Experience and Attributes
· Degree in software or electronics engineering (or similar with additional relevant experience).
· Relevant experience of Design, Development, Test and Documentation of firmware development for embedded microprocessors (E.g. ARM).
· Strong ‘C’, ‘C++’ and OOP
· Experience with RTOS & cloud connectivity (E.g. FreeRTOS, AWS, etc.)
· Experience with connecting wireless sensors (E.g. IoT or IoE)
· Experience with wireless connectivity (E.g. Bluetooth (inc. BLE), Wi-Fi, mobile network)
· Experience of USB, Sensor signal processing, data acquisition and efficient battery power management.
· Experience of digital microprocessor circuitry design.
· Experience of providing high quality firmware design.
· Ability to produce system /architectural design with a track record of outstanding achievement.
· Demonstration of a high level of intelligence with a track record of successful assessment of design task complexity and risk
· Strong English language skills, written and spoken word.
· High level of general intelligence.
· Good analytical ability, capable of assessing complexity of tasks for input on time scales and risk.
· Excellent attendance and punctuality.
· Cultural Awareness.
· Experience in the development of test and measurement or scientific instruments.
· Embedded user interface design experience (mono and colour graphics).
· Able to define process approach and methods for successful design and testing methods (including unit testing).
· Track record of identifying necessary resources to hit project.
· Demonstrated ability working within a Quality Management environment.
· Experience of software control processes (control of source code via repository, bug tracking, etc.)
· Experience with implementing algorithms using DSP’s (E.g. IIR filters)
· Experience using C#
· Experience in the development of Android and iOS apps.
Quarsh are handling this assignment. Their consultant is Adrian Hill, and he can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 7740 434338.
Candidates will have an initial interview with Quarsh before they are shortlisted for the role. They will have subsequent initial interviews with the Engineering Manager and the Managing Director.