About the job
Are you looking for an inspiring new role? A job you can feel passionate about, which sparks your creativity and challenges you in the best way possible? Perhaps you’ve grown tired of working for a corporate company and feel ready to embrace a positive lifestyle change, working for an innovative independent business? Or maybe you’re looking for that ‘next step’ job with a bigger company which puts people before profits? If this description fits you like the proverbial glove, read on. . .
About the role
We are looking for an experienced MEP Technical Services Design Manager to work in our Technical Design team. This is a brand-new role for us, which has been created due to ongoing company growth. The role will require site visits and surveys working closely with the design team and pre-construction project manages. Must have a sound knowledge of Building services with a mechanical bias preferable.
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) software to create detailed technical drawings and schematics.
- Collaborating with engineers and other team members to develop and refine design concepts.
- Ensuring that designs meet technical and regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining design documentation and records.
- Staying up to date with industry trends and advancements in technology.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work well in a team.
- A bachelor’s degree in Building services engineering related field is usually required for this role however relevant time served experience will be considered.
- Experience with CAD software and familiarity with manufacturing processes is also helpful.
- Experience in using Revit
- Ability to work in the office five days per week (with remote working on an adhoc basis).
It’s probably time to tell you a little about us. Founded more than 30 years ago, COEL is a leading commercial office design and fit out company based in Cambridge. We have expertise in delivering exceptional workspaces, with specialist teams that cover every aspect of the process, from interior design to decorating, project management to plumbing. Quite simply, we exist to make working lives better!
There’s little chance of a dull moment working at COEL as we offer a dynamic and professional environment, collaborating with an array of brilliant clients, including well-known organisations across the private and public sector. Though we are a large, ever-evolving company, lucky enough to work on a wealth of fascinating and challenging projects, we are by no means a faceless corporate, and care very much for our staff. Family-friendly, we see our employees as people, not numbers, so you never need to feel like a small cog in a big wheel. We are also a company with a conscience so are committed to giving back to the community and being as sustainable as possible in our practices. If you join us, you’ll benefit from a team of supportive colleagues within a forward-thinking business that will nurture and progress your talent.
Our mission is to create spaces that improve productivity and promote happier and healthier lifestyles. Is it time to improve your life by joining our team?
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free office fruit.
- Free onsite parking.
- Great transport links close to Cambridge North Station and the guided busway.
- Regular social events.
- Friday afternoon office drinks.